Lindenia: Iconographie de Orchidees
Volume 14, 1898
Dediee a la Memoire de J. Linden
(Dedicated to the Memory of J. Linden)
Dirigee par Lucien Linden
14th Volume de la Seconde Serie
Imprimerie Eug. Vanderhaeghen, Rue des Champs, Ghent, Belgium
- Folio sized volume 11” x 14”. Bound in three-quarter red leather, with marbled front and back cover pieces. Gold gilt lettering on spine. Inside front and back cover shows different marbled endpapers, printed on laid paper. Leather corners of cover show slight shelfwear.
- This series is famous for its full color, lithographic plates of exotics orchid species. This volume contains plates 669-657, for a total of 47. Many volumes of Lindenia have been dismantled and the prints separated for sale. This volume is rare in the fact that all pages/plates are intact.
- There is mild to moderate foxing of first few, and last few pages in this volume (the laid paper was more susceptible than the other paper used for text and plates.). Prints are clean and bright, with good coloring. Inside fly leaf, upper left corner reads type E. Carayon for the binder.
- Printed on laid paper and hardbound in a green cloth cover. Book on Very Good condition, binding tight with no loose or torn pages. Front and spine embossed with gold lettering and image of Ladyslipper orchid. Front endpaper shows previous owner’s bookstamp but otherwise is clean.
- Absolutely amazing piece of orchid history!
Shipping costs (including insurance) will be determined by location after purchase. To prevent damage, this item can only be shipped with similar store items.